Sunday 31 May 2009

End of module evaluation

BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN
END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION

1. What skills hav you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

I feel as though my team-work skills have developed a great deal. I found someone I managed to work really well with. It helped me become more confident too. I was so scared about having to approach someone and ask if I could work with them! Adam Townend is a great person to work with. We managed to decide between us, what roles we would play in the project, and managed to create a really well put together piece of work!

2. What approaches to/methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

I've always enjoyed the research part of a project, and I still have done during this module. However, I feel as though I could have done a lot more, especially in the way of secondary research.
I still think I need to get out there more, and find my own, interesting research, rather than depend on books and the internet.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I still believe the concepts and ideas behind my work is one of my strengths.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?

My final resolutions still aren't as strong as the concepts and ideas behind them. I really need to work on the outcomes more to ensure they're as good as they possibly can be. I guess it's another matter of time management.

5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

1. I need to be more positive about my work.
2. I need to make myself timetables and plans for the week to ensure I use my time more effectively.
3. I need to make sure I research in more depth and ensure I use the research to my full advantage.
4. I need to keep up-to-date with my work, so it doesn't pile up at the end of a module.
5. I need to use the college space more.

6. How would you grade yourself on the following areas?
5 = excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

Attendance 5
Punctuality 5
Motivation 3
Commitment 4
Quantity of work produced 4
Quality of work produced 2
Contribution to the group 4

No comments: