Wednesday 13 May 2009

Clare Murray Adams

I found these when I was researching into books.
They're extremely appropriate and similar to how I want mine to end up looking.
They've been made by Clare Murray Adams.

'My work is often related in theme to aspects of memory, family history, spirituality, gender, time and space. While the specific occasions of memory are often of a personal nature, the themes and imagery have a universal appeal. My goal in making art is to explore process while allowing intuition to have its say.'

Her work is gorgeous, and comes across really deep and meaningful. I enjoy work like this.
The aesthetics are really pleasing to me, as I have a keen interest in the ''messy'' approach to work.

'I like having all of my materials and processes intermingled in my studio. I like to see what interests me and then find a way to use those materials and processes to make art whether it be a quilt, a collage, an encaustic painting or a found object construction. I am not interested in keeping the paint, the paper, the collage images, the fabric, the wax, or the hardware all separate in my studio. It is exciting to me to incorporate paint and collage paper in a fabric work, while incorporating fabric into a sculpture or an encaustic work.'

Her work's generally fascinating to look at! Definately check it out!



No comments: