Wednesday 20 May 2009

A design fault! :O

I've come across a design fault! NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Basically, I wanted to make an entire book, including each page which would reflect the various first day feelings from a first day experience. That's all very well said and done until it comes to binding the sodding thing. I wanted the binding to be visible, and for some reason, I wanted it to be perfect bound. Surprisingly, that's not gonna happen! I did try to get around it by having the idea of attaching paper between each piece of hand-made paper so it takes more of a book form. It also thought it'd make it easier for me to bind. Atfer I gave making it a go, it looked pants! Pants I say!!! So I've scrapped that idea.

I came up with the idea of having separate compartments for each piece of paper. I'm really warming to this idea.

At first I thought about using the box idea I had at the beginning which would've held the whole book. Instead, it would hold each piece of paper. It's safe to say, I soon went off that idea because I didn't fancy the paper moving around inside the packaging. I want it to be quite secure.

So I thought up this idea. It would be made flat which would be idea for the paper as it will have one dominant side of design.
I actually drew it different to how it turned out once I'd made a maquette, although, I'm really liking how it turned out! It needs a few tweaks for it to work properly, then it should be just fine! So for now.. that's what I'm gonna work with I think. :)

The only problem I can think of right now, is the different sizes of paper. I want the packaging to all be the same size, so I'll have to try and think of a way of getting around that. Hopefully it shouldn't be a huge problem!

No comments: