Friday 15 May 2009

Covers?

I've been thinking about what the exterior will look like. I've been doodling and looking at some interesting packing I have lying around to help me think up something good.
I've just made a few maquettes to see how they turn out, and overall, even though I've only made two, I'm quite pleased with them. :)

I do like this, although it's not what I'm aiming to make. I quite fancy making the book, and having it loose, without a cover. However I bind the pages together, I want it to be visible. It'll represent all the feelings merged together. I also think it'd be more appropriate considering the pages are all hand-made and rough looking. I don't want to have a neat cover.

I think so far, this has to be a favourite of mine...so far anyways. It's such a cute little maquette too!!
I really like the idea of putting the book into a box of some sort. I thought this is an interesting approach. It's pretty self explainatory really. It's quite a simple design. I like the idea of the lip on the base, just to secure the book in place, rather than attatching it. Perhaps that could be an idea though?


No comments: