Tuesday 28 April 2009

My experience: Statement of proposal

A new project! Fantastic! I'm actually quite excited about this one. Sarcasm? Noooo! 
I wrote down a 5 statements based on problems I've had since starting uni. They were:
  • The course. ''What am I getting myself into?''
  • Independence. ''It's me, myself and I.''
  • Money. ''How am I gonna pay for everything?''
  • Away from home. ''I want my mum.''
  • Meeting new people. ''Please talk to me?''
I chose to focus on 'meeting new people'. This is the one that stood out to me most because of my shyness and it being a problem when it comes to meeting people for the first time. I've always struggled. So, I thought it'd be cool to think of a way, even if it's using humor, to get people to talk to me rather than me approach them! 

THE BIG FAT STATEMENT

What is the problem?
Being able to talk to new people for the first time. 


What are you going to do about it?
Shyness and self consciousness is an issue, although I'm not going to focus on this particular issue. I want to find a way of getting people to talk to me rather than me talk to them.


How are you going to do it?
My initial idea was to self promote. I could create name badges which could include stickers, design a t-shirt, create signs which leads to me etc. I've got quite a few ideas buzzing around!

No comments: