Wednesday 12 November 2008

Lots of love...

This was a rather tough, but interesting brief! For this, I had to produce a set of high impact posters which deliver a personal identified message derived from the research I gathered during reading week. They had to be presented at A3 scale with a 2:1 format. I was like, whaaaaaaaaaat... when we were first told. But with the help from little ol' Pheonix, I understood! Go mee!!
Most of the research I gathered was to do with how botox helps headaches. I picked this because I thought it was interesting, and would be different from the whole ageing thing. In the end though, it got the better of me. I went straight back to wrinkles. I really wanted to stay focused on the headaches, but my messages just weren't working at all. No one could understand what I was trying to say.
I did kind of stay with my initial idea, with the ''party string'' etc, only, I used it to represent getting older each birthday that comes around. I thought this was a more interesting approach.
I actually made finished pieces by hand, which I had to stick up in front of everyone. I was SO embarrassed. As soon as I saw everyone else's posters, I just wanted to curl up. Mine weren't made to a good standard at all. For a start, I used white paper.. even though the brief clearly states, 'You CANNOT use black or white in your final resolutions'. DUUUH. I also used pencil, which, of course, is a tone of black. GR!
So, here are my first set of final resolutions.

I can't stress how much I'm embarrassed by them. But I guess by putting them up here, it'll make me learn not be try and be such a clever arse!
I decided to re-do them... on computer. I actually think they came out rather well. It took a while. The spirals were the trickiest! Damn pen tool!

No comments: