Thursday 20 November 2008

Botox and mail shot..

I'm soooo glad this mail shot project is done and out the way!! Well, saying that, I've still got a voucher to put together and attach to a card! Hmpf.
But anyways, it's all done, and now I shall go through my though process. :)
The mail shot project was based on the newspaper article we researched for the previous project. Just to remind y'all, mine was 'Botox is great!'.
I researched some more, to see what exactly a mail shot is. We also had to produce a mailing list. All these complex words were totally new to me, so the research I found was vital!!
Once I knew exactly what a mail shot was, I came up with various ideas as to what I could do.
I went on a bit of a tangent, and kind of wandered away from the whole birthday thing (which I had done in the previous project). I wantedto see what other ideas I could come up with. I always knew I wanted to carry on with the birthday idea though. It's just interesting to see what else was available to be done.
I wanted the whole package to be about birthdays. So, I thought, what kind of things are there when it comes to a birthday?? Well, there's balloons, cards, wrapping paper, ribbons etc.. I grew a very fond liking to the card idea. So, I made it into a gift card. I designed a voucher and a card.
I didn't have many ideas for the mailing list. I didn't know exactly how to go about it. But as it had to be 'visually engaging', I thought, why not make it 3D? Well.. kind of 3D! Lol!!!!! I made birthday tags, and stuck a piece of string through the corner.

Even though my theme was 'birthdays', I also though, well, botox is very doctory, so, I thought it would be appropriate to make it look clinicy at the same time. I decided the card and vouchers would be a skin colour. This would represent where you'd have botox. Also, I used a scrunched up piece of paper to place behind the fleshy colour. This would make it even more obvious that it supposed to be skin. I then thought white would be good for the text. As well as these two colours, I decided to use a red. This, I made the envelope out of.
I think if I were to re-do anything, I'd change the colour. Probably the red. They look OK together, but I think it would benefit from a different one.

Here's my final resolution.
All 10 envelopes, with cards, vouchers and tags for the mailing list.




No comments: