Sunday 19 October 2008

Better late than never!

Yeah, so as the title says: Better late than never.. I'm referring to print sessions! Eek!
The first day of print was wicked, although it got really quite boring and knackering by the end of it. :/ We did the same thing allllll day, but I did get some cool things out of it! Yaaay! I'm really pleased with the outcomes!!!! Like I said, I started to get a bit bored near the end of the session, so I decided to smudge the piece of plastic we worked on in the inks randomly. None of the marks were intentional. I just wanted to see what would happen. And funnily enough, it's the image below on the left! Looks pretty nifty wouldn't you say!? Well I like it! :D I'm really happy with all of them I'd say. It took me a while deciding which ones to put up here! But here we are. :) Enjoy!!






.....I kinda wish I put print down as my elective now. Hmpf....

Screen printing.
This was a cool technique we used. We picked one of the prints we made and then photocopied it. We then made more marks on it, changing it as much as possible using tippex and a black fine liner. We then photocopied it again, then exposed it onto a screen using the big scary vaccume machine type thing. After about 5 minutes of exposing.. we were ready to print! :)
It took a little time making sure everything was in it's correct place and neatly fixed in the metal bed thing, then we could start le mess!
First, we applied a cyan. Then, once it had dried, magenta. These are the outcomes.



No comments: