Monday 2 February 2009

Sam Winston

One dark, damp evening, a spontanious side of Lindsey took place! :O I decided to take a trip to Waterstones to hunt down a book which was suggested to me; 'Mmm skyscraper I love you'. So, I got there, searched for it on their little computer type things, and assumed it learked on a lonely shelf somewhere in the arty area. Could I find it? Nooooo! So I used my initiative, and asked the young chap at the desk. He had look and gave me that look where you know something poo's gonna be said. Then, he said it. 'I'm sorry, we don't seem to have it in stock. But we can order it for you?' I think you can imagine the look on my face. Utter digust! Soo, I took it within myself to plonk my cute ass infront of the typey area, and take pictures of the pretty insides on books! :) I found quite a few interesting things...

It's safe to say, these are pretty good! I stuck a few in my sketch book too. Well, some other pieces of Winstons work anyways.
I thought his way of working was quite similar to how I want my work looking. His writing has literal structure and is eye catching.

2 comments:

RedMarc said...

Very nice, never heard of the artist if im honest, but the type of work he produces would work well with yours! i believe O2 did an advert using all typography in the shape of a speech bubble ... or i may have dreamt it, was cool though!

lindseymarshallbagd said...

Ooh! I'll be sure to out it check! XD